Winnona Park Social Distancing
My freshman year in college was a rough one for me. I remember calling my mother, sobbing, and telling her I just couldn't do it. Looking down the long road ahead there was just no way I could make it to the end of the semester let alone complete a degree. I was so sad and overwhelmed I just couldn't cope. There was no quick fix. No magic solution. But her advice that day has shaped my life since.
- Q: What do I do? How can I make it to the end?
- A: You take it one day at a time. Focus on what you have to do today and before you know it, you'll be through it.
- Q: I'm so sad. How do I deal with it?
- A: Stop thinking about yourself and do something for someone else.
So here we are again. Feeling sad, confused, frustrated? Let's do something for someone else! Send me an email (email@example.com) and I'll schedule a time to capture a portrait of your family from a safe distance (10+ feet away). In return I ask that you make a purchase from a local business or a donation to a local charity. You get a beautiful portrait, I get a project to focus on, and folks who need it get money to pay the rent.
Send an email to schedule a time, I'll text you when I'm in front of your house, and you come out on your porch (or gather in a window). It takes about 10 minutes. Easy peasy!
Suggestions for where to put your money:
- One Step At A Time Kids - Kids always need shoes, right? You can order through Facebook messenger and they'll drop them off on your front porch, no charge: https://www.facebook.com/OneStepataTimeKids
- Rally Foundation - This would have been my third year volunteering for the Rally Foundation. I have never experienced a more worthy cause. They have a 93% efficiency rating! They put every dime to use saving kids lives. I am heart boken that they have had to cancel their Rally on the Runway fundriaser: https://rallyfoundation.org/
- Join Jambo Book Club - Did you know your Winnona Park neighbors run a children's book subscription company? Join and your kids get monthly books featuring children of color all while supporting local business: https://www.jambobooks.com/
How much should you spend/donate? A mini session is typically $95, but do what you can afford.
I hope to hear from you soon!